5 RECIPES USING Purition BEETROOT
1. Savoury beetroot dip
Purition as a savoury dip? Yep, that's right.
40g Purition Beetroot stirred into 120g of cream cheese, creme fraiche or hummus makes for a delicious and vibrant dip to enjoy with your favourite vegetables. We recommend adding a good squeeze of a lemon, some salt and pepper to balance the flavours to your taste.
Before you say no, give it a go - trust us on this one!
2. Energy balls
Energy balls, protein balls, bliss balls... whatever you like to call them, there’s no denying that they’re perfect for a mid afternoon pick-me-up or when you just need a little something.
Our energy balls offer a healthier twist to conventional sugary treats, but let's not forget, they owe their sweetness to those naturally sugary dates. While it's the "natural" kind of sugar, it's still sugar, so be mindful of this - especially if weight-loss is your goal.
As the wise folks say, moderation is key!
- 40g of Purition
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup unsalted nuts
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, nut milk or water
HOW TO MAKE
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse to preferred texture
- Add the coconut oil/nut milk/water to bring the mixture together.
- Roll into balls and chill for a little while.
- Keep in the fridge.
SWAPS & OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- Try adding cinnamon, turmeric, vanilla extract or goji berries to the mix before pulsing.
- Once chilled, sprinkle with desiccated coconut, crushed nuts or melted chocolate.
- If you want to keep them low sugar, simply leave the dates out. You might need to add a bit more liquid to bring the mixture together but it works perfectly!
3. Beetroot smoothie
Rich in nitrates, beetroot supports heart health. Blueberries bring a dose of vitamins and antioxidants. Ginger adds a touch of warmth and aids digestion. Plus, with the protein and healthy fats from Purition, it's a wholesome, balanced and delicious meal in a glass!
- 40g of Purition Beetroot
- Half an apple
- Handful of blueberries
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 200ml almond milk
HOW TO MAKE
- Simply blend all ingredients together for at least 45 seconds.
Click here for the how to make video on our IG page.
TIPS & SWAPS
- Chill with ice or blend with it for a creamy, refreshing twist.
- Any milk would work so just use your fave!
4. Yoghurt bowl
You probably know by now that this is one of our favourite ways of enjoying Purition. It's easy to make, high in protein, good for your gut and so delicious! Plus, is a great option when you don't have a blender at hand.
HOW TO MAKE
Simply stir 40g of Purition into 125g of Greek style yoghurt and top up with your favourite fruits, vegetables or sprinkle some nuts and seeds for extra crunch.
We went for blueberries, cucumber and a sprinkle of Purition Beetroot - DE LI CIOUS!
5. Low carb porridge
Porridge is a UK breakfast staple, but it’s not the best choice for a low-carb diet. There’s no need to miss out though – try Purition as an oat-free low-carb instant porridge instead! High in protein, fibre & natural fats at just 2–4g net carbs per serving, it makes for a quick, creamy and hearty morning porridge swap.
HOW TO MAKE
Add a splash of hot boiled water or milk to 40g of Purition, mix well, add your choice of toppings and voila.
It’s a quick, easy and nutritious low-carb or keto alternative to porridge, so you don’t need to miss out!
Mixed Berry yoghurt bark
Kale & apple smoothie
Raspberry & kefir smoothie
Green spinach pancakes
What you should do next...
1. Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news, recipes and advice about healthy eating.
2. Try Purition for 14 days
Unlock all the benefits of a whole foods diet with none of the effort. Get 2 weeks of easy nutritious meals & pick your own flavours!