Why September marks a fresh start
As the days grow shorter, September arrives with a golden opportunity to hit the reset button on our health goals and put us on autopilot when it comes to healthy eating.
While waiting until January and the promises of a "New Year - New You" that rarely last, the months from September to December offer an unpressurised window for lasting change. Which makes this time of year motivational, for improving our health routines in a simple and effective way.
A fresh start for all
Take September as the starting point for a four-month journey towards better health. September, October, November, and December hold the promise of significant progress toward your health and wellness goals.
The change in seasons not only brings cooler weather but also a renewed sense of purpose.
The power of simple choices
In the pursuit of a better diet, don't get caught up in complex formulas, or obsessive tracking. Human biology is far more intricate than just counting calories or meticulously logging every morsel we eat on the latest app. Instead, embrace simplicity and imperfect action. Here's how:
- Mealtimes: Focus on 3 decent nutrient dense meals a day with a variety of whole foods, protein and healthy fats. This not only provides essential and naturally occurring macro and micro nutrients but also keeps you satisfied.
- Be active: Incorporate some physical activity into your daily routine. It doesn't have to be intense - or hurt! Even a brisk walk, or a short workout at home can make a big difference.
- Listen to your body: Your body is continually communicating with you. Listening to these cues and responding with self-care can have a profound impact on your overall well-being and comfort. Prioritising your health and making small, mindful adjustments to your diet and routine can go a long way in helping you feel your best.
- Stay hydrated: Water is your body's best friend. Make sure you're drinking enough throughout the day to stay properly hydrated. This might require more intention during the cooler months - ‘habit stack’ drinking a glass of water in between hot drinks.
- Quality sleep: A cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle. It rejuvenates your body, sharpens your mind, and complements the nourishment of whole foods. Your circadian rhythm loves consistency - Going to bed and waking up at the same times every day helps regulate your internal clock. This is why it's important to have a regular sleep schedule, even on weekends.
September = A new beginning
In reality, achieving your health goals is not about complicated maths or incessant tracking. It's about embracing the simplicity of making better choices and understanding that progress takes time. By focusing on these straightforward principles, you can set yourself up for a successful journey towards better health from September to December.
Start now, and you'll be amazed at the progress you can make by December.
Need some evening meal ideas?
Sign up to The Daily Feed: 🍽 it's a FREE weekly meal plan.
Receive a weekly text message or email with inspiration for simple healthy whole food meals for the week, made without sugar and refined processed ingredients - suitable for everyone.
Easy & tasty evening meal ideas that you can combine with Purition for your first meal of the day to lose weight, be healthy, feel good or just to make life easier.
New to Purition? Tips for newbies
How to use Purition for weight loss
Healthy eating: Form the foundation
What you should do next...
1. Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news, recipes and advice about healthy eating.
2. Try Purition for 14 days
Unlock all the benefits of a whole foods diet with none of the effort. Get 2 weeks of easy nutritious meals & pick your own flavours!