Counting your macros? While you don’t necessarily need to track your nutrition when using Purition for weight-loss or health, we do know it can be useful in some instances.
Macros is short for ‘macronutrients’; the three building blocks of nutrition: protein, fat and carbohydrates.
From carb-cutting for weight loss to protein-packing for muscle gain, knowing your macros can help you to stay on track whilst working towards specific health and fitness goals.
What are Purition’s macros?
There’s a minimal difference when it comes to the macros in the various Purition flavors. A typical 40g serving of Purition contains around 190kcals, 15–17g protein, 11–14g fat and 1g sugar.
This is because the ingredients in each of the various Purition flavors are virtually the same.
They each contain our core ingredients (whole ground Golden linseed, sunflower kernels, almonds, coconut and pumpkin, chia and sesame seeds), plus whey protein isolate (original) or pea, pumpkin, sunflower & hemp protein (vegan) and a little extra fiber from psyllium husk and apple pectin. The only significant difference comes down to the natural flavorings.
However, we know that the small nutritional differences between flavors may still be important to some of you. With that said, here’s some information to help you find the best flavor for your specific dietary goals and requirements!
Note: The nutritional information below is based on a 40g serving of Purition, before milk is added.
Lowest in carbohydrates
- Limited edition raspberry: 2.9g carbs
- Chocolate (cocoa): 3.4g carbs
- Golden milk: 3.6g carbs
- Limited edition raspberry: 2.8g carbs
- Coffee & walnut: 3g carbs
- Coconut or almond: 3.1g carbs
Highest in protein
- Almond: 16.6g protein
- Coconut: 16.4g protein
- Chocolate (cocoa): 16.3g protein
- Beetroot & chocolate: 15.7g protein
- Almond: 14.9g protein
- Vanilla or pistachio: 14.8g protein
Lowest in calories
- Limited edition raspberry: 174 kcal
- Chocolate orange: 180 kcal
- Blackcurrant: 183 kcal
- Limited edition raspberry: 173 kcal
- Beetroot & chocolate: 180 kcal
- Chocolate orange: 181 kcal
Highest in calories
- Macademia & vanilla: 198 kcal
- Coffee & walnut: 196 kcal
- Unflavoured: 194 kcal
- Hemp: 200 kcal
- Chocolate (cocoa): 194 kcal
- Vanilla: 191 kcal
Highest in fiber
- Blackcurrant: 8.1g fiber
- Golden milk: 7.2g fiber
- Chocolate: 7.1g fiber
- Chocolate (cocoa): 10.9g fiber
- Hemp: 10.6g fiber
- Blackcurrant: 8.1g fiber
Best for keto
- Limited edition raspberry: 2.9 carbs, 11g fat
- Chocolate (cocoa): 3.4g carbs, 12g fat
- Golden milk: 3.6g carbs, 13g fat
- Coffee & walnut: 4g carbs, 14g fat
- Macadamia & vanilla: 4g carbs, 14g fat
- Limited edition raspberry: 2.8g carbs, 12g fat
- Coffee & walnut: 3g carbs, 13g fat
- Coconut: 3.1g carbs, 13g fat
- Almond: 3.1g carbs, 13g fat
- Vanilla: 3.6g carbs, 13g fat
Need to know more? Check out our detailed breakdown of Purition macros, ingredients and nutritional data for each flavor.