Authentic lamb & vegetable home-style curry
RECIPE CARD TITLW HERE
- Takes 60 minutes
- Serves 3-4
- Takes 2 minutes
- Knob of butter or coconut oil
- 4 cardamon pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 (red) onions, sliced or coarsely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or finely grated
- 1-2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tin tomatoes/ fresh equivalent + 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 500g lamb neck fillet or diced shoulder
- 1 butternut squash, diced
- ½ cauliflower, florets
- 1 small bag spinach, washed
- Heat the butter/ coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the whole spices. Sizzle for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and cook until browned (add some water if they start to stick).
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground spices and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate pan, brown the lamb. Once browned, add the lamb and vegetables (bar the spinach) to the spices and tomatoes and add water to almost cover everything.
- Cook for 30-50 minutes, until lamb and vegetables are tender.
- Stir through the spinach before serving.
- Mango Chutney
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh coriander
- Flaked toasted almonds
- Fresh tenderstem or broccoli
- The flavours improve in time, so if you can, slow cook this in the oven or save some for leftovers for lunch/ dinner to enjoy over the next day or so.
- Can be made with chicken pieces on the bone (cook for 60 minutes), if you’d prefer.
- Always brown the meat first in the pan and set aside to add to the onion and spice mix later to increase flavour.
- Simply leave out the meat for a vegetarian/vegan option and add more of your favourite veggies.
Drop element here!