Getting enough macros and micros?
You will likely have heard of macronutrients and micronutrients, terms that are often used in relation to diet. They are used to describe the goodness coming from food, which is vital for bodily function, growth and good health.
Macronutrients & micronutrients
Macronutrients or ‘macros’ are the nutrients which come from protein, carbohydrates and fats. As the name suggests, we need these in larger quantities as they determine our energy levels and enable the body to function.
Micronutrients or 'micros' – aka vitamins and minerals – are required in much smaller quantities. But a little goes a long way as they enable the body to produce enzymes, hormones and other substances that are essential for growth and development.
Purition and micros
As Registered Nutritional Therapist Kate Bevan Wood points out, Purition is a great source of micronutrients. It provides our bodies with the vitamins and minerals it needs on a daily basis to perform a range of physiological functions and maintain our health:
- Potassium – necessary for heart health, muscle strength, cellular activity and to help increase our energy levels.
- Phosphorous – needed for the growth, repair and maintenance of our cells and tissues. It is also an essential part in vitamin D absorption in the body.
- Magnesium – required for hundreds of bodily functions, it supports our cells to generate new proteins and is required for healthy muscle and nerve function. It also helps to regulate blood sugar and insulin levels which in turn increases our metabolism and triggers our bodies to burn stored fat.
- B vitamins – found in the almonds, chia and nutritional yeast these are vital for all round good health including energy production, nerve health, skin health and hormonal balancing.
Importantly, and best of all, the micronutrients found in Purition are all naturally occurring in the ingredients we use. They’re not coming from added synthetic or refined powders or pills – but from real food.
Our bodies know them and recognise them, they know exactly what they are and how to use them giving us a real feel good factor!
Enjoy a balanced diet
Macronutrients and micronutrients are needed on a regular basis throughout the day for our bodies to be able to repair themselves and function correctly from normal everyday activities.
Thanks to its wholefood ingredients, Purition contains a great mix of these and can be used daily for breakfast or lunch alongside a balanced diet.
Purition shakes offer a balance of 16-20g protein, 12-15g healthy fats and 6-7g fibre in each 40g serving.
We firmly believe that by replenishing our bodies on a regular basis, whether that be with a well-balanced meal or a wholefood protein shake like Purition, or even better, a mix of both throughout the day, you will be getting the right level of macro and micronutrients.
Extract taken from Kate Bevan Wood Dip CNM, mBANT, CNHCNutritional Therapist
Importance of fibre
Does eating fat make you fat?
How to increase your protein intake
Always hungry? How to stop feeling hungry
What you should do next...
1. Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news, recipes and advice about healthy eating.
2. Try Purition for 14 days
Unlock all the benefits of a whole foods diet with none of the effort. Get 2 weeks of easy nutritious meals & pick your own flavours!